I know, I know... my blog postings keep getting farther and farther spread apart. I'll have to blame that one on an almost 1 year old!! After feeding, entertaining, cleaning up, and chasing after Ashtyn all day I am exhausted by the time she goes to bed. Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of it...most minutes! :) but it definitely takes all my energy and blogging kind of gets put on the back burner. I'll try to get better...I promise! Well, since my last post a lot has happened. My step grandfather, Ney Ney, passed away at the age of 94 in Miami, FL. My mom spent his last few days with him and she was there by his side when he left this earth. He was such a wonderful grandfather to me and I will miss him so much. I am so thankful he met Matt a few years ago and I wish he could have seen Ashtyn. My dad has been a huge help watching Ashtyn while I tutor on Mondays since my mom is gone. My brother, Stephen, had a number of tests done on his stomach and praise God everything will be okay with him. He had us worried there for a few days! Our sympathies go out to Nancy and Kevin for the loss of Kevin's father. You are in our thoughts and prayers during this hard time. We have definitely been reminded of how precious life is and we never know what tomorrow may bring. It kind of puts life back into perspective for us.
Matt's Greek is coming along great! I am constantly amazed at how much he understands in daily conversations. I am so proud of his motivation and desire to learn Greek as fast as possible so that he can be in ministry full time. His classes are very intense every day with hours of homework when he comes back home, yet he still presses on to reach his goal. He is taking a short break between now and the next level to rejuvenate! He's a real trooper!
Ashtyn blows us away with new things every day! She turns 1 on Sunday and this has by far been our most blessed year! Here are 12 things we like to watch her do:
1. She is so close to walking...she will stand for a few seconds and then drop down
2. Gives kisses and hugs (she presses her lips together and makes a kissing sound)
3. Waves hi and bye and says "ha" and "ba"...it sounds very Southern :)
4. Plays peek-a-boo
5. She loves to eat avocado, zucchini, cheese, puffs (says "pu")
6. She loves to play with her baby doll putting on her hat and blanket.
7. Sleep through the night...8-6:30 am...we really like this one!
8. Loves Mimi's puppy and will grab and shake the gate that keeps the puppy inside.
9. Adores books and will sit for about 1/2 hour in her room pulling every book off the shelf and looking at the pictures.
10. She loves for us to read to her - 3 books every night
11. Says the beginning sounds of many words: cracker (caca), puppy, bath, cow, pray, shoe, head, hair, comb, pig, baby, duck, puffs, amen
12. We take her to the park by the beach and she loves to swing in the baby swings!
Well, today Ashtyn got her first haircut! A Russian girl from church, Vera, is a hairdresser and she offered to trim her bangs. Poor thing, they were hanging in her eyes for so long! We tried to hold out for Gram to give the first haircut, but it got to the point where we needed it done very soon!! I have so many pics to post but my card reader has not been working the last 3 times I have attempted to post. So it seems like we need to find another way to get the pics on here.
As soon as I figure this out I will get some pictures on here. I know I'm way past due...but their coming! We love you guys!!